1. Information About Us
Limited Company registered in England under company number 04709237
Registered address: 3 Mellor Rd, Cheadle Hulme, SK8 5AT
Data Protection Officer: Debra Hudson
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 0161 929 6212
Postal Address: 8 Tudor Rd, Altrincham Business Park, Altrincham,
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers. The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
• The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 13.
• The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 12 will tell you how to do this.
• The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 13 to find out more.
• The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
• The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
• The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
• Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 13.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
• Email Address
• Telephone Number
• Some limited medical information (in direct relation to treatments)
• Transaction data (see section 6)
6. Transaction data
We may process information relating to transactions and the purchases of goods and services that you enter into with us and/or through our website. This data may include the above listed data, as well as your card details and the transaction details. To collect and process this data, we use third party entity, Paypal. We also may sometimes take payment information over the phone, at your request.
The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely sale and purchase of goods & services supplied by TAN.365 LTD.
7. Treatwell – Online booking platform
When using Treatwell you are required to sign up to their terms and conditions.
Appointments can be booked directly at the salon or online through Treatwell.
8. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
• Providing and managing your account.
• Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
• Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
9. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
• A period of 7(seven) years as is required by law
10. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to us and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
• Paper records are held in secure storage to which access is strictly controlled.
• Computer records are held on a computer which is password secured and access is strictly controlled.
11. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties, other than those mentioned in section 6 for the processing of payments for goods supplied.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
12. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a
“subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 13.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 1 week and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
13. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details and mark for the attention of Debra Hudson.
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 0161 929 6212
Postal Address: 8 Tudor Rd, Altrincham Business Park, Altrincham, WA14 5RZ
14. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.